quarta-feira, outubro 12, 2011

Is there cause for optimism?

"The cost of sanity, in this society, is a certain level of alienation." (Terence McKenna)



"Well, if I were dependent on the notion that human institutions are necessary to pull us out of the ditch, I would be very despairing. As I said, nobody’s in charge – not the IMF, the Pope, the communist party, the jews, no, no, no -, nobody has their finger on what’s going on. So then, why hope? Isn’t it just a runaway train, out of control? I don’t think so. I think the out-of-controlness is the most hopeful thing about it! After all, whose control is it out of? You and I never controlled it in the first place! Why are we anxious about the fact that it’s out of control? I think if it’s out of control, then our side... is winning."

Sem comentários: